Sometimes, even the most cautious drivers cannot avoid an imminent vehicle accident. The danger seems to come from nowhere, leaving motorists with no means of escape.
Accidents and collisions happen for many reasons, but learning about potential crash risks improves safety for you and your family. Knowing which roads pose accident hazards allows you to choose an alternate route if desired.
These roads might lead you straight into an accident
According to a recent news report, the growing population of Tampa neighborhoods has increased motor vehicle accidents. The Hillsborough County corridors and intersections below had an unusually high number of crashes in recent years.
- Lynn Turner. Gunn Highway to Ehrlich Road
- 15th Street. Fowler Avenue to Fletcher Avenue
- Fletcher Avenue. Armenia Avenue to 50th Street
- Bruce B. Downs. Fowler Avenue to Bearss Avenue
- Dale Mabry. Hillsborough Avenue to Bearss Avenue
- Brandon Boulevard. Falkenburg Road to Dover Road
- Meridian Avenue. Channelside Drive to Twiggs Street
- 50th/56th Street. MLK Boulevard to Hillsborough Avenue
- Hillsborough Avenue. Longboat Boulevard to Florida Avenue
- Gibsonton Drive—Boyette Road. I-75 to Balm Riverview Road
When you cannot avoid these routes, practice extra caution while using them. Remain aware of where other vehicles are and pay attention to the driving behaviors of nearby motorists. If you have children that drive, walk or bike to and from school, teach them how to improve their safety.
Always report any accident to the police to keep city officials accurately informed about accident patterns. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a crash, refresh your knowledge of Florida accident and injury compensation laws. Such information helps to ensure you receive fair financial restitution for your harm.